Get to know the pediatric dentists at Seaside Pediatric Dental Associates!
Aaron Bloom, D. D. S.
Dr. Aaron received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology from West Virginia University in 2004. He then attended West Virginia University School of Dentistry, earning his DDS in 2008. Dr. Aaron went on to practice general dentistry in Charleston, WV for 7 years. During this time, he worked with his father and uncle, treating pediatric patients. He also worked with children through the Kanawha County Dental Health Council, which is a school based dental clinic. After gaining this experience, Dr. Aaron went on to pursue specialty training in Pediatric Dentistry at the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) completing the 2 year residency in 2017.
Dr. Aaron is a member of the American Dental Association, South Carolina Dental Association, American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry and Southeastern Society of Pediatric Dentistry.
When Dr. Aaron is not having fun with the kids at the office, he enjoys spending time with his wife Brooke, and son Bowen aka “Bo.” Dr. Aaron likes to golf, ski, spend time at the beach, and cheer on the West Virginia Mountaineers.
Fun Facts about Dr. Aaron:
- He can spin anything flat (books, trays, etc.) on his finger
- He can touch the tip of his nose with his tongue
- He can juggle
- Ask him to do all three at the same time!
Matt Tillman, D. D. S.
Dr. Matt is originally from Johnson City, TN. He decided to leave the mountains for the beaches of Charleston, SC, where he completed his undergraduate degree in 2007 at the College of Charleston. He then completed dental school in Memphis at the University of Tennessee in 2011. After graduating dental school, he worked as a general dentist in his hometown of Johnson City for four years. After a couple of years of practice, he realized he had a strong interest in Pediatric Dentistry, and applied for a two year residency to become a Pediatric Dentistry specialist. As luck would have it, he matched at his top choice - MUSC, and completed residency in 2017. Dr. Matt is a board-certified pediatric dentist, and a Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry.
Dr. Matt is a member of the following organizations:
- Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- Rotary Club of Murrells Inlet
- American Dental Association
- South Carolina Dental Association
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Southeastern Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- South Carolina Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Grand Strand Dental Society
Outside of the office, Dr. Matt enjoys spending time with his wife, Sydney, and their two children: Anne Caroline & Connor. They are members at Belin United Methodist Church. Dr. Matt enjoys spending time on the Inlet or Waccamaw River with his family and friends, playing golf, and watching sports. He is probably the biggest Tennessee Vols fan in the Grand Strand – Go Big Orange!
- I'm a third generation dental specialist - my Dad is a periodontist, and my Granddaddy was an orthodontist.
- I was once a pretty decent basketball player, and the captain of my high school varsity basketball team that went 33-5, including the school’s first trip to the Tennessee State Tournament semifinals back in 2003.
- I used to be a dual American and Canadian citizen, and still have a lot of Canadian relatives scattered throughout western Canada, eh!