Meet Dr. Aaron Bloom
“We see kids from such a young age, usually as their first experience with a dentist. I make it my mission to create positive dental experiences for children. It's most rewarding seeing an extremely fearful child develop confidence over time and learn to trust you.” – Dr. Aaron
Dr. Aaron received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology from West Virginia University in 2004. He then attended West Virginia University School of Dentistry, earning his Doctorate of Dental Surgery in 2008. Dr. Aaron went on to practice general dentistry in Charleston, WV for seven years. During this time, he worked with his father and uncle, treating pediatric patients. He also worked with children through the Kanawha County Dental Health Council, which is a school based dental clinic. After gaining this experience, Dr. Aaron went on to pursue specialty training in pediatric dentistry at the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) completing the two-year residency in 2017.
Dr. Aaron is a member of the following:
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- Southeastern Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- South Carolina Dental Association
- South Carolina Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Dental Association
When Dr. Aaron is not having fun with the kids at the office, he enjoys spending time with his wife Brooke, son Bo, and daughter Gwendolyn. When not at work, he spends time with his family finding fun things to do like going to the beach or activities around town. He also likes to play a round of golf when he can.
Fun Facts about Dr. Aaron:
- Dr. Aaron’s father and uncle are both general dentists.
- He can spin anything flat (books, trays, etc.) on his finger.
- He can touch the tip of his nose with his tongue.
- He can juggle.
Ask him to do all three at the same time!